- Is your child dreading another boring summer?
- Would you like your child to be in a trusted safe environment so you will feel guilt free while you’re at work?
At United Martial Arts Centers we specialize in children's Summer Camp. UMAC provides a clean, healthy, safe and positive environment in which our Professional Instructors teach martial arts fitness classes developing qualities such as: respect, discipline, and confidence. Working parents will feel at ease knowing that their children are safe, spending their summer with positive people that care.
What are the Benefits of UMAC Summer Camp?
- Trusted and caring staff: Our certified instructors take pride in sharing the positive values and philosophy of United Martial Arts Centers. All our staff are what we call "home grown" and have completed UMAC’s Martial Arts Character Development Leadership Training. They share the passion to make a positive impact on the students of UMAC. All of our staff have either been students or parents who have invested years in their martial arts training.
- Safe, structured & positive environment: Your children's safety is our number one focus. Your children will be in the care of our certified staff from the time they arrive until they are picked up at the end of the day. We have weekly curriculum providing physical activities, character development themes, martial arts fitness classes and life skills worksheets to keep the students active and engaged. UMAC’s Transported After School Martial Arts Program is the best investment in your child’s future.
Learn Martial Arts Values:
- Respect: Respect is the foundation of martial arts and UMAC is no different. Our students show respect by following the traditions of bowing and saying, "Thank you, Sir" in every class. In doing so, our students will take the appreciation and respect that they learn at UMAC to their homes, schools and communities.
- Discipline: The UMAC Program will help your child develop the self-control and discipline that will surely improve their academics as well as any other activity they are involved in. Our students have the self-control to make the right decisions even in tough situations.
- Confidence: UMAC students develop the confidence in themselves to accomplish anything they wish, in and out of the martial arts schools. We help shy, timid children who can’t even look you in the eye, develop the confidence to break through concrete at their black belt graduation. When children develop confidence at UMAC, they show confidence in school, home and activities which translates to a successful child in life.
- Fitness Martial Arts: UMAC provides our students with quality martial arts instruction that will give your children the skills to defend themselves, become “bullyproof,” and learn traditional martial arts skills, while getting physical exercise. The physical training allows your children to be physically active, get proper exercise and develop healthy habits. This will lead them to feeling great about what they are doing and about themselves!
Why UMAC is Uncommon:
- Professional Martial Artists: The Masters of United Martial Arts Centers are full-time professional martial artists who train and teach for a living. It is our lifestyle, not something we do part-time. We wake up every morning filled with energy and passion to teach your children and help them with their martial arts education.
- The "UMAC Character Building Board": We utilize the "UMAC Character Building Board" in every class we teach to help reinforce the martial arts values. We ask the students, "What is important to a martial artist?" Students answer with values such as, "self-control," "respect," and "confidence." As the students demonstrate those values, they receive positive recognition by writing their names on the board so the rest of the class can see.
- UMAC Character Development Programs: At UMAC, we have an array of incentive programs, unique to our organization, to help our students take the UMAC values and bring them outside our centers. We have special incentive programs to encourage reading and improve responsibility along with accountability so the UMAC values could be brought to the student's home and school.
- Exciting Field Trips: Since all of the United Martial Arts Centers have their own transportation with late model vans; we have the freedom to take our campers to exciting field trips throughout the community. Check the Summer Calendar to see all of the field trips planned for your location.
- Extended hours available: UMAC's convenient hours accommodate the working parents schedule with a drop off time as early as 7:30 am and pick up as late as 6:00 pm. This ensures that parents may drop off their children early enough and still get to work on time.
We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work with families to teach and guide our UMAC children to become respectful, confident, disciplined, members of the community. Our After-School students ultimately become our greatest Black Belts, Instructors and Staff because they train daily. An added (and the most important) benefit is that our staff has the ability to reinforce the martial arts values outside of classes as well as in class. This makes UMAC’s After-School Martial Arts Program a one-of-a-kind experience for all families and students involved.
Results to expect from the Summer Camp Program:
A happy parent knowing that your child is in a safe caring environment while at work.
A happy child because they are having fun while learning invaluable life skills that will help them be successful in other areas.
A respectful, disciplined and confident child that feels great about what they are doing and, even better, feels great about themselves.
An appreciative parent because they know UMAC has their back with all half days and full days covered so parents could focus on their work.